Will she romance me?

over 13 years ago

I am wondering if a friend I’ve know for a very long time, is attracted to me? I made a gesture of my interest towards her the other day but it wasn’t well received. I am not sure if this was because she is shy or she just wasn’t interested. It took her by surprise, but she defineteky knows I am intersted now. I don’t know if she will allow a romantic relationship to happen or should I just stop now and cut my loses? I don’t want to lose the friendship. Will she come around and show more intersted in me that will develop into a romance or is this a bad idea that I should never have started?

over 13 years ago

My DOB is 1-6-67, and the love interest is 8-22-74 or 8-22-75.

over 13 years ago
garnetta didn't upload a photo

jenny Fardell (garnetta)

185 posts

You probably came across as being desperate and hot and bothered, and blurted out all those feelings you’ve been storing up over the years, rather than thinking through how you were going to persuade her to see you as something more than a friend. You don’t want to scare her. Persuasion is a good tactic. There are two things I suggest. 1) If she isn’t shying away from you behave as normal with her and don’t refer to this incident for a week or so. Then you can approach the subject again in a more mature and controlled way. Maybe first asking how would she feel about advancing the relationship. 2) If you get the feeling the relationship has changed because she’s behaving awkwardly with you, apologise. And be honest. Tell her in a calm and gentle way that the realisation of your feelings overcame you and you’re sorry if it made her uncomfortable. Tell her that you don’t want to spoil any chance you might have of starting a relationship with her, and that you hope she’ll give you a chance. If she doesn’t give you a straight answer, tell her you’re prepared to wait for her to think about it if that’s what she needs. And that you appreciate her honesty. Tell her you think it would be best for her to make up her own mind and so you won’t try to see her or text or phone her for at least two weeks. It is important you tell her you aren’t going to contact her, and it’s important you stick to your decision. But tell her if she wants to contact you in those two weeks, the door is open to her. This will give you both breathing space, it will give her a clear guideline of what you are doing and what is expected of her, and it will show her you are treating this matter in a mature but thoughtful and caring way – allowing her time and giving her control of what she wants to do, whilst showing her you are in control of the situation and considering her feelings. Hope this helps. Good luck.

over 13 years ago
scottangel didn't upload a photo

Scott Angel (scottangel)

10 posts

I have my points of view on the situation. I would gladly help you through the process if you would like to connect with me at your convenience. The general consensus that I feel is that she’s not ready for the level of connection you are trying to offer at this time.

over 13 years ago
anthony_masterpsychic didn't upload a photo

anthony (anthony_masterpsychic)

62 posts

please join me in my chat wen ever you can i no what you need to hear thanks god bless!!