aaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!

over 12 years ago
gav didn't upload a photo

gavin (gav)

17 posts

aaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!

i’ve got two books and you can’t get anyone to read past the first chapter. rejected again. And hey? only six women won the book pitching comp.

aaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!

And my life??? Its not me … its them.

aaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!

over 12 years ago
angel90 didn't upload a photo

Debbie (angel90)

399 posts

be patient try selling it online as an ebook

over 12 years ago
pagirl31 didn't upload a photo

pagirl31

11 posts

what books? what r they about?

over 12 years ago
gav didn't upload a photo

gavin (gav)

17 posts

one is a 120,000 word sci fi epic and would make a great tv series or movie. The other is a ryming childrens a book about a kangaroo who, through determination and concetration, acheives his goals as he meets other animals along the way.

i think both are good but it’s very demoralising when no one will read them. And upon reflection on my past comments. i beleive the point i’m trying to make is … it would seem to me that the publishing industry is dominated by women. and contary to my 60’s upbringing, we are not the same. (It took me years and years to figure this out and finally come to terms with misguilded belief.

i know that a lot of men dont read books and i’m one of them as the stuff i want to read is not out thier in the shops. i have to go to the libery and read 50’s sci fi to get my kicks.

Is there a light at the end of this tunnel or should i persue a more realistic abition like digging ditches.

I could get the violin out but i figure if i am granted my right to prosperity then a lot of my families problems would be curtailed.

i have another idea about a book. the real life adventures of a parent with a child and ten years of drug induced phycosis. but my child has already threated to sue me and i’ve never mention the idea. i beleive this child (late 20’s ) is pschic and uses drugs to qwell the intrusive babble. He is usually dead right in his immediate reaction to strangers and can get very agitated before any dramatic events, eg minor car accidents. But he does suffer bad violent dreams and therefore indulges heavily in pot smoking.

Well thats a lot said. thanks for reading. Have a great day. love and good karma to all.