2 years of limbo in separation/divorce - what does it mean

over 12 years ago

About 3 years ago, my husband started acting weird. Subscribing to online dating sites, etc. 6 months later, in January of 2009, at our developmentally delayed then 8 year old little girl’s Bday party, he decided he wanted a divorce, got some stuff and went to his cousin’s house to live. For almost a year he did nothing that the attorneys told him to do and the bills mouned uo. His attorney bill appproached 12000 and mine was about 15,000 plus another 10,000 for therapists and testing. He had expected to pay his attorney 7500 retainer and have it be done with. In April of 2010, I told him I was going to declare bankruptcy and let the house go into foreclosure. So he rented out his condo and moved back into my oldest daughter’s room and my oldest daughter – who had also been living with him, moved into the younger daughter’s room. He has had to pay most of the bills s while I pay off the attonrey bill and credit cards that I ran up during the divorce because he wouldn’t give me enough money to pay the bills. They are both rude and incredible slobs. Now my husband says won’t move back to the condo he bought because he rented it out, yet he complained today about having to pay for the broken shower door at the condo which is rented out. He never wanted to repair anything in the house we live in and now he won’t repair his “rental property. I don’t want to live alone because I work full time and taking care of my little girl is hard on me. I am also not in that good of health. But if they do not move out, I feel I will go nuts with their mess and their rude behavior – especialy the oldest daughter. He does not discipline her – never has – and allows her to do as she pleases and walk all over me. I have never been able to have a functional household because of his lack of respect for me. Can someone tell me what is going to happen. I am at my wits end. I don’t know how many more years I can work and I am afaid of being alone, without a house and without a steady income to take care of the younger child. thanks!!

over 12 years ago
angel2011 didn't upload a photo

Angel Allison (angel2011)

44 posts

Hi, Dear Cynthia ! I understand your situation very good and i am ready to give you answers and advices that you need.You must change your life now ! Contact me on chat , please. God bless!

over 12 years ago
angel90 didn't upload a photo

Debbie (angel90)

399 posts

Can I be honest watch your back I think he maybe trying to push you out of the house. Are you able to see another lawyer in terms of kicking the guy out etc it’s time this problem was sorted once and for all. There are community law centres around I just think that you need to protect yourself. You can always call the police if they get too out of control. Some men just have no idea and have a fair idea what it must be like for you. Time to take back control.

over 12 years ago
starsalign didn't upload a photo

Starsalign (starsalign)

190 posts

cynthia you need a 12 card reading.it covers 12 different sections of your life like marraige health finances career children and the home.send me a msg with your dob and i will give you details as well as a free sample reading to see if we have a connection.bless you and hang in there.

over 12 years ago
madea_michelle's photo

Madea-Michelle (madea_michelle)

86 posts

Hon, talk to your Attorney, I get he needs a psych evaluation. That is the thing you need in order to get things in order. He looks like a jumping bean—-up and down and making no sense at all. If you think I can help please contact me. God Bless You!