Do I have either Bipolar or Borderline Personality Disorder?

over 13 years ago
godessdrew didn't upload a photo

godessdrew

7 posts

I have been depressed ever since I was very young. My dad got depressed,lost his job and abused alcohol.My mom got soo fed up with his negative attitude and erractic behavior,she divourced him 4 years ago. Ever since then I`ve continued to battle depression and anxiety. I am wondering if my dad has bipolar,and if so,do I have this or Borderline Personality Disorder? Can someone please on this forum help me on this. I can also be very sensitive when it comes to my feelings. My real name is Justine Brandt,dob is 3/20/1986 if you need thisinfo that is why I`m posting it. I can also be very insecure at times.

over 13 years ago
itiva26 didn't upload a photo

Kris (itiva26)

9 posts

Hello contact me hun let me be honest and direct in what i see for you!

over 13 years ago
missann's photo

Miss Ann (missann)

102 posts

Justine,

If you feel you have either of these things, you should talk to a qualified professional, preferably a psychiatrist, who can offer you treatment.

The fact that you started to feel anxious after your parents divorced tells me that you don’t have BPD, even if you have the fear of abandonment that is so often associated with the disorder. Especially since that is just one of several signs. Such as, do you have trouble with alcohol, drug and/or sexual dependence? That tends to be the biggest sign. I have friends who have BPD and I can tell you, that bit with erratic relationships is far harder on the friends of those with BPD than the sufferer. Such as, they will be around constantly, all but suffocating me with neediness and wanting me around all the time for around a month, then disappear for up to six months at a time. This is a very common BPD trait. Do you do that to your friends? Need them around you 24/7 and then suddenly decide they’re not worth your time and then a few months later, start craving the very same people again? Also, are you a cutter? 75% of people with BPD are cutters, or into hurting themselves in other ways.

As far as bipolar disorder goes, it is not the same thing as clinical depression. Those who are bipolar suffer manic highs and lows. I mean, awake for three days acting like they’re on meth, followed by a manic low where they want to sleep and they’re depressed. Up and down episodes are the signs of a manic phase. If you’re in a black hole without the manic behavior, chances are you’re suffering clinical depression and not bipolar disorder.

If you’re in the United States, I urge you to get in touch with the National Alliance on Mental Illness. www.nami.org is their website. They have support programs and classes for those with mental illness and the friends and families of those with mental illness. Chances are there is a chapter near you. They have a good support system for those who are ill and the families and friends of those who are ill.

But please, see a qualified professional, who can make a clinical diagnosis of what’s ailing you. I beg you to do that.

over 13 years ago

Hello, please contact me and I will help you with this, I will charge only $5.00 for a full reading on this, and see what the future is for you.

over 13 years ago
psychicalden didn't upload a photo

Alden of the Ozarks (psychicalden)

4 posts

Justine, I concur with Miss Ann above—-you must seek out a qualified mental health professional, or medical professional, for a proper diagnosis & treatment, if warranted. If you feel you have depression, you must seek proper help from those trained especially in that field. As psychics, we are prohibited by law from dispensing medical advice or making diagnoses of physical or mental illnesses. Take care of yourself.