TWIN FLAME OR TRAUMA BOND? Let's Talk!

over 2 years ago
readings_with_nicole didn't upload a photo

Nicole Bowman (readings_with_nicole)

116 posts

Much has been written about twin flame connections and how they should up in our lives. Some of the material is accurate and informative, while other information can be misleading. This is why I want to break down twin flames for you and explain it in a way that is clear, concise, and easy to understand. Let’s get started!

What are Twin Flame Connections & Where Does the Concept Come From?

The concept of twin flames exist in many religions and many schools of thoughts. However, one of the most famous stems from the philosopher Plato. He believed that the human soul split into two parts. Essentially, becoming spiritual twins. What Is the Purpose of A Twin Flame Connection?

The purpose of this connection is to come together in service and raise the consciousness of the planet. This is done through the unconditional love and spiritual mission the two flames share. Contrary to popular belief, all twin flame connections are not romantic. Some can be parent and child, friends, or siblings. The marker of a twin flame connection is less about romance and more about how they serve the planet & humanity through loving each other. Some famous examples of twin flame connections include “The Psychic Twins,” two sisters who give spiritual readings internationally, help people develop their intuition, and spread knowledge of psychic development world wide. Another example is former US President Jimmy Carter and his wife Rosalynn. To this day they continue to work in tandem and build homes for Habitat for Humanity. Another example is Titi and Mikko Branch, founders of Miss Jessie’s natural hair company. They were sisters who created products to help women feel beautiful inside and out. Their mission sparked the natural hair movement in the United States and inspired women to embrace their natural beauty world wide. This movement shifted from physical aesthetics to a spiritual revolution of self love and acceptance.

As you can see, all of these examples are not romantic but what they do have in common is two people with a shared vision and mission to uplift the planet.

What Are Some Misconceptions About Twin Flames?

One misconception is that everyone has a twin flame. Everyone does not. A second misconception is that people who do have a twin flame will be the same age as them and incarnate on the planet at the same time. It is important to note that twin flames don’t always match in chronological age and are not always living at the same time in the same place. Some are not meant to meet in this lifetime. If a twin flame connection is a part of your path, opportunities will converge to make that happen. However, if that does not happen it is not a part of your path at this time. Another misconception is when abusive relationships are mistaken for twin flame connections because the relationships are so intense and unpredictable. The example I mentioned is actually a trauma bond, where people confuse abusive, dismissive behavior for love connections.

Part of this stems from many articles that discuss the push/pull aspect of some twin flame unions. Often there is one flame who resists the union, and another who embraces it. The flame who denies the connection is often referred to as “the runner”; essentially, running away from love and their spiritual destiny, as it were.

However, it is important to note that anyone who is neglectful, dismissive, or unfaithful is abusive and for your own well being, it is essential that to reject this behavior at all costs. We must also remember that if union does not have a shared mission of uplifting others and raising the vibration of the planet, it is not a twin flame relationship. It may be a relationship that teaches us lessons, makes us a better person, and stretches our soul but twin flames are about lives of shared service.

I hope this helps to dispel some myths and provide some clarity. If you have additional questions, I am happy to read for you on Bitwine

In closing, I’d like to leave to you with a quote by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

✨”Love does not consist of gazing at each other but looking out in the same direction.”✨

#LIVETHELIGHT

over 2 years ago

Me and my twin flame have been broken up for a while now but I know he will come back to me because he is my twin flame and til death do us apart! Forever til the end.