Honestly, nice or doormat?

over 11 years ago

How nice should someone be? Throughout my whole life, I’ve always lived by a set of rules of being able to forgive because I always try and understand the hardships someone has gone through and them acting negatively towards me is a result of a bad day, insecurities etc. However, I’ve started to feel really used and I’m thinking I may have even turned out to be a doormat. Part of me wants to stand up for myself (which I can easily do). However, the bible states (keep in mind that I don’t follow the bible 100%, I use it as a channel of understanding what our God is about) that you should forgive someone 7×7x7 times.

How forgiving and how much out of the way should you go to help someone out, even when they’re being inconsiderate and lie? However, I understand that she lies out of insecurity and tries to protect her reputation? Thanks a bunch ^^

over 11 years ago

Hello, independently from the religious point of view, there is a moment and place where a border has to be put. It is ok if people learns to forgive but, there is a limit, sadly the majority does not understand this, either because they do not want or because they are careless or forget. In any case not needed to be rude but, I would like you to try to be a bit more selfish and think about yourself when it comes to priorities and wellbeing. Reputation and self respect are important as respecting anothers too. Greetings Ed.

over 11 years ago

I also know that karma does exist, so that spirits do keep an eye out on the things we do. I feel that being nice to people that aren’t so nice, equates to truly being nice and hopefully those good deeds will add up to something good further down the track. It’s selfish I know, could anyone give me any clarification?

over 11 years ago

Hello Elizabeth, It is great to hear you’re using the bible as a tool for understanding; which is part of its’ purpose. One part is to be used as a “tool” for understanding how to live ones life “like” Christ, the other is to “feed” ones soul. If I may, allow me to direct you to Psalms 120, vrs 1 and 2. Psalms 120, vrs 1 and 2 reads: “In my distress I cried unto the Lord, and he heard me. Deliver my soul, O Lord, from lying lips, and from a “deceitful” tongue. You have stated this person is being inconsiderate towards you and lying, partly out of “insecurity”; trying to protect her reputation. You have answered your own query, knowing this individual lies or “fronts” others to make themselves look good, you emphatize with them. However, their “insecurity” has shown and now you are feeling USED. YOU can only feel USED, when YOU ALLOW IT. Stand up for yourself, by not being available, preserve your dignity and walk away. Take care and be Blessed!:)

over 11 years ago
psychicsandytellsall's photo

PSYCHIC SANDY TELLS ALL (psychicsandytellsall)

104 posts

im here to help u, i have a 10$ deal no limit questions and answers.

over 11 years ago
bryans's photo

Bryan (bryans)

79 posts

Elizabeth,

I have a lot of respect for how warm and forgiving your heart is. As difficult as it can be, sometimes you have to stop communicating and know that you’ve had enough. Otherwise, the pattern will continue. Most people don’t do it purposefully, but sometimes, in order to change, they do need a wakeup call. It’s a tough lesson for them, but it does help spark periods of self-reflection that can lead to positive behavioral changes.

over 11 years ago
psychiclee's photo

Advisor Destiny Lee (psychiclee)

1893 posts

~you know what you REALY need dear? a GENUINE PSYCHIC READING! you have been to many psychics before BUT you need a true one such as my self.. from your post im picking up alot of changes ahead of you.lets chat to get more intune.

Hope to hear from you soon!

TY & GB :)

over 11 years ago

Thanks a bunch guys. I’ve really gotten some clarity. I feel that at the moment, I will not be disrespectful towards people that continually hurt me. However, I will simply remove myself from this situation. In the future should there be possible contact, I will be polite, but not allow her to come into my close circle because it simply is not worth it. Is that ok?

over 11 years ago
bryans's photo

Bryan (bryans)

79 posts

It makes sense to me and you are also doing what’s right for you. The latter is what matters most here. Personally, I like your approach. It doesn’t get us anywhere when we combat anger with anger or hostility with hostility.

over 11 years ago

Thank bryan, we are really on the same page. And i now can move onto the next phase and change my behaviour without feeling guilty.

over 11 years ago
lovepsychicerica's photo

☪✰♡ Psychic Erica ♡... (lovepsychicerica)

531 posts

Hello my name is erica and i am running a special it is 5.00 UNLIMITED questions.. take a look at my profile and feel free to chat thanks!.

over 11 years ago
estherlibra didn't upload a photo

EstherLibra (estherlibra)

1569 posts

Dear Elizabeth,

As Dear Uncle Ed said – limits and boundaries.

I suspect you may not? be very assertive. Note I said assertive – not aggressive. Two very different things.

I would like to recommend a self help psychology book to you and you may likely will find it in your local library.

WHEN I SAY NO I FEEL GUILTY – by Dr. Manuel G. Smith.

That is my input on the matter.

All the best EstherLibra

over 11 years ago
psychiclee's photo

1893 posts

would like to look further into this for you and give you the BEST FUTURE INSIGHTS and ADVISE. any questions you may have will be answered by me in just one session! NO sugar coating in my readings just GENUINE ANSWERS,ADVISE AND OUTLOOK INTO THE FUTURE.i feel a great conection with you and feel many great things ahead of you soon! DONT be confused or hurt any longer! contact me today for a better and brighter tomarrow!

I do hope to hear from you soon! TY & GB :) BEST REGARDS GENUINE PSYCHIC LEE:)

over 11 years ago
psychiclee's photo

1893 posts

would like to look further into this for you and give you the BEST FUTURE INSIGHTS and ADVISE. any questions you may have will be answered by me in just one session! NO sugar coating in my readings just GENUINE ANSWERS,ADVISE AND OUTLOOK INTO THE FUTURE.i feel a great conection with you and feel many great things ahead of you soon! DONT be confused or hurt any longer! contact me today for a better and brighter tomarrow!

I do hope to hear from you soon! TY & GB :) BEST REGARDS GENUINE PSYCHIC LEE:)