narcissism

over 13 years ago

I just broke up with the man after a year whom I thought was the answer to my prayers and my prince charming. Upon further investigation, i realized he was a full fledged narcissist and what I loved was only an “image” of a man and was emotionally tortured and led to believe he loved me when he only loved himself through me. I never gave my heart to anyone like that before and I feel duped, betrayed and foolish. My prior readings on this site indicated that he would come back and we would get married. I realize now that those readings were incorrect and i’ve spent money on them frivilously. I know that I will recover b/c i realize that i am the victim and did nothing wrong to cause him to be the way he is. I compared notes with his ex and it is scary how much his “technique” is identical to search for is prey. I would love to know if I’ll ever find someone who will share my zest for life and love me the way i’m capable of loving and actually learn to trust. (this has always been an issue for me) I’ve given up on thinking that there is anyone out there for me. Any thoughts? My dob is 12.11.67

over 13 years ago
angel90 didn't upload a photo

Debbie (angel90)

399 posts

Count yourself lucky you realised now who he really is and escaped with your dignity and self respect in place. It could have been worse married with kids.

Now it is time to heal be on your own I would not recommend you meet anyone just yet as you don’t want more of guys like that lining up to have a go. What I would be doing is taking time out for you to rebuild what you lost emotionally so that when the right guy comes along you won’t be carrying around this baggage. At least something positive has come out of this you know the signs of this kind of guy to avoid.

Now it is about healing and self empowerment.

over 13 years ago

thats true and great advice. that’s exactly what i am doing right now. trying to get over the hurt of the betrayal and coming to terms with the last year of my life being a lie when i thought it was what i had been searching for all along. Hurts to know that I gave all I had and was planning a future with this man. Looking back tho, all the little things that were bothersome added up to equal that if you cant fully trust someone or if they arent going to have respect for you or your relationship they’re not worth it. I’m just afraid that i wont be able to give my heart out again. I hope someone who appreciates me comes along soon.

over 13 years ago

Merry Meet Bernice,

I would not mind lending an eye to chat with you, should you want to talk in a more private atmosphere; where your words are kept confidential.

Click To Chat Live With Me, Priestess Kandi Ranson