Will this escalate?

over 11 years ago

I have a relative who is on drugs. He has been harrassing our house for just about a year now. We have made it clear nobody wishes to talk to him. He doesnt want to talk because when he get people on the phone he hurl insults. The police have been notified but they have done nothing. Will this stop or escalate to confrontation? His initials are LS

over 11 years ago

I would love to chat with you, not only can we catch a glimpse of what is to come but I myself have a similar situation in my family!

over 11 years ago
bluedragon's photo

Robin Bluedragon (bluedragon)

2048 posts

HI Cassandra, It will continue until it is made to stop. Come to me in chat and lets see what other options may be available. Blessings! Bluedragon

over 11 years ago

I did get the police involved. I just dont know what else to do without getting physical.

over 11 years ago
mrs.faith's photo

Mrs.Faith (mrs.faith)

209 posts

Well this is a cry for help hun. This is your family. Make sure that you have tryed everything you can. And sometimes police involvement can help. He needs help but cant ask for it because of the drugs, he wants to see that someone cares enough to intervine…God Bless you and your family i truely hope everything works out well and your family member gets the help deserved, Mrs.Faith

over 11 years ago

Thanks Mrs. Faith. We have tried and his own mom have too. I just dont trust him and dont want him around me. Since he is not being accepting of anyones help he needs to just go away.

over 11 years ago

Still need help with this. Please

over 11 years ago

Will this situation become a physical confrontation?

over 11 years ago
rachel820's photo

Rachel J (rachel820)

130 posts

Sweetie it seems that a restraining order may be needed and it does appear he truly needs help. It’s his addiction that is causing him to be negative dear. A physical confrontation? Not so much. But he will need to be served with an order in order for all this to end. My thought are with you and your family as I pray your family finally finds some peace with this situation. Hugs

over 11 years ago

Thanks Rachel! We need all the prayers we can get! This has been hard…

over 11 years ago
heavenlyarchangel12's photo

Heavenly Sunshine (heavenlyarchangel12)

805 posts

Have you ever tried intervention with a psychologist and get all family members together and meet together in one room and all write letters and express how his choices has affected all your lives and his own. I don’t know if you ever watched Intervention on A&E channel, or if it still is, but if you watch it you can see how this sometimes works, and also gives you examples of how families handle addictions with loved ones. There is also Alonon in some areas that can help you. As well as Coda which is twelve step programs for families and addicts. The resources are available in your community if you call a local therapist. Sometimes they are drug rehabs around areas and can give you information on how to handle the situation. I’m sure if you called some one would guide you to local area people that can give you information on how to help.

over 11 years ago

No. We are family but this person is pratically a stranger to me before the drug use started. This is someone who I saw in passing, family functions, and when someone dies. We never really had a relationship so I dont understand why I am the target. If his mom have made attempts to help him and they seem to be pretty close and it didnt work, what can I do? I dont really want to say what I think the real reason is behind his harassment and I pray I am wrong. However he has been very disrespectful said things about my kid. I m not really intrested in helping him because I dont think he really wants help.

over 11 years ago
angelkate's photo

Angel Kate- Accurate readin... (angelkate)

119 posts

Cassandra, there are some ways to deal with this. Contact me for some assistance. Blessings.

over 11 years ago
heavenlyarchangel12's photo

Heavenly Sunshine (heavenlyarchangel12)

805 posts

Addictions you can not help. They have to face they have a problem. Most of the time until they are ready to admit they have one that might take a whole life time in some situations no one can do anything for them accept tough love. Cutting off any financial help if they are continuously using. Not answering them when they are begging for help because they don’t see they have a problem. If they have to lose everything to hit bottom, than they wake up and smell the coffee. Their addiction is their God, and attached to it, addicted to it, and biologically dependent on it. They don’t think clearly and don’t make good choices. They will abuse people, get angry, and even become violent, and blame everyone else for their life circumstances. They are making a choice, and this is their life lessons. The only people that can help them is professionals, and they have to want the help and go on their own. That is why I said Intervention techniques help, but it usually guided by a professional.

over 11 years ago

Thanks.

over 11 years ago
msbrenda didn't upload a photo

Brenda williams (msbrenda)

65 posts

you have been dealing with this for a while i see..call me and I will help you fix this and get it over with

over 11 years ago

Thanks msbrenda.