Rates

over 13 years ago
antivirgo didn't upload a photo

antivirgo

27 posts

My question does not apply to every psychic on this network, but:

How do you justify charging up to $1,200/hr for your services, which require no other certification besides your claim to be psychic? Especially if you also profess that your primary motivation is to “help people”?

Just to put things into perspective: the average US-trained neurosurgeon makes between $90-200/hr, when all is said and done. And that job requires four years of undergraduate study, four years of medical school and then an additional 6-10 years of residency and fellowship training. The average family medicine doctor makes about $75/hr after ~12 years of training.

I understand that in a free market, one may charge as much as s/he wants to if consumers are willing to pay…but that doesn’t make it fair, or right. As professionals who purportedly wish to help people with spiritual problems, I have a hard time reconciling your words with your actions.

over 13 years ago
earthshod didn't upload a photo

Alexandra Chauran (earthshod)

378 posts

“I understand that in a free market, one may charge as much as s/he wants to if consumers are willing to pay.” You answered your own question. We’re not operating as churches or non-profits. We pay our taxes just like everyone else. Just because our services may help others doesn’t mean that we should be shamed into some random vow of poverty that doesn’t even fit with our personal values. Some professional baseball players might work less hours, have less experience, have smaller families or just be bigger jerks than some of us. What the market will bear is not a model of equality and fairness. Just take a look at labour and pay in other countries and cultures and perhaps make a contribution to that cause, like I do, if you truly feel a sense of injustice. But, I don’t have a marketing PhD. Just a lowly Master’s degree and years of experience, not in neurosurgery, but in my chosen craft to which I’ve dedicated my life, for whatever that is worth!

over 13 years ago
soulreader didn't upload a photo

none (soulreader)

36 posts

well i am agree with EARTHSHOD . we are here to help consumers with a aim of earning little or sometimes according to the services have been asked my clients , if we have abilities , talents it doesnt mean that we can give it for free . we all need to survive . well we all experts in this web sites are professionals and they charge according to what they provide. clients pay from there own wish we never force them . so there is no reason of point your finger on us or objecting on the way we charge or deciding whether its fair or not .

over 13 years ago
kathicalahan didn't upload a photo

Kathi Calahan (kathicalahan)

4 posts

Hi AntiVirgo: Thanks for your legitimate, Virgo-centered question. I believe you’ll find that legitimate psychics struggle with your very question much of their lives. It is unfortunate that some people believe we should make use of our God-given talents, but not charge for them. And I do understand your question of the years of schooling in medical school accounting for $200 per hour fees. You’ll find, as you read our bios that we have been at “school” for 15 years or more. I have been around this work for 53 years. I do hope that you will spend only what you are comfortable spending and not feel pressured to go in to debt. I think that until more of the world recognizes our skills as worthy & valuable, they will continue to question paying for something “spiritual.” Every Soul has a God-given calling and if yours is to be a neuro-surgeon, you can’t not do it. (Grammar?) And if your calling is to help others through the use of the 6th sense, shouldn’t you be able to pay your bills through the work you do and the service you provide? I really do understand your Virgo nature to become quite clear on making sense out of something that disturbs you and I’d like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to respond. God bless you and all your endeavors, Kathi Calahan

over 13 years ago
loveguidance didn't upload a photo

Rosalynda (loveguidance)

4 posts

I have no shame in charging for my work. I do believe strongly that if you don’t want to pay the price, you can move on to someone cheaper. But the price does not always equal the expert. I can say that I pay my taxes. I have kids to feed and I have a life to live. I spend my whole day helping people, listening to people and i am going to get paid for it,plain and simple. there’s no shame here.

over 13 years ago
antivirgo didn't upload a photo

antivirgo

27 posts

Thank you all for the thoughtful answers. Like I said, my question does not apply to everyone here—just those charging ridiculously huge fees (like $1,200/hr) and those lying about their psychic abilities and charging even the slightest fee.

There is no question that these days, services like this are polluted with fakers. 2 times out of 3, if I ask someone to “verify connection” before charging starts, the advisor will hang up on me. The people who come here, including myself 6-7 months ago, are often overwhelmed by various situations in their lives and are frequently more vulnerable and needy than the average person. It makes me angry when I see people take advantage of this for their own profit, and that’s why I speak up.