Career Advice

over 13 years ago
radiantsmith didn't upload a photo

Kristine Smith (radiantsmith)

1 post

I’m 60 and haven’t had a full time job since 2007. I certfied to teach high school and worked for a terrible principal in a terrible school. He gave me a bad reference and I haven’ been able to get a job since. I’ve tried my previous careers and no one is hiring because of the economy, or because of my age. I’ve been subbing part-time and living off of my boyfried. Will I ever get another career job again?

over 13 years ago
micheller didn't upload a photo

Michelle Renee (micheller)

2 posts

Hello, My name is Micheller and I really understand your career concerns. Please contact me , as I can deliver wisdom from my Team of Angels. All my best, Micheller

over 13 years ago
angel34 didn't upload a photo

angel (angel34)

416 posts

Hi

I am in the same boat as you I have been out of work for many months now and it isn’t fun I would keep doing the temp thing and have you thought about becoming a tutor to help people improve with their education as there are plenty of people struggling with school work put an ad out there offering to tutor people and I guess charge a reasonable fee I would have a look and see what others are charging and then find the average price and charge that. This could also serve as a good thing in terms of getting a referece. Don’t give up just yet

Best of luck