cold reading?

over 12 years ago

I talked with a friend about psychics, and she let me to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading

I’m not sure can that ever be the case? I don’t reeaally believe in it since I don’t think we give that much info around here.. but yeah.. just wants a psychic’s opinion about this

over 12 years ago

I believe it’s possible in face to face readings but rare. A psychic should be able to tell you specific things about you that there’s no way they could have known – cold reading or not.

On here, no it’s not possible. How could we cold read off just a question. For instance, if a client comes asking a question about a relationship I can sometimes say how long ago they broke up, specifics about the relationship, which one broke up with who, feelings involved etc. There’s no way you can cold read information like that off just a typed question.

over 12 years ago
angel90 didn't upload a photo

Debbie (angel90)

399 posts

I have on occassion read off a question here if I focus enough it depends on a number of factors.

For some reason a woman with light brown shoulder length hair linked to you comes through not sure who she is but she would be in her 20’s possibly 30’s.

over 12 years ago

You can read off a question, yes. No problem. But cold reading is different.

over 12 years ago
miko didn't upload a photo

miko fox (miko)

279 posts

cold readers just make vague generalizations like “i see work stresses you out” or “i see you struggling financially”,just little things that can apply to just about anyone. its harder to give cold readings online however,because the cold reader will also have to study your body language and watch for reactions. as haley pointed out you cant cold read off of a simple question.

over 12 years ago
clairvoyant_energy_therapies's photo

Dorothy Holder (clairvoyant_energy_therapies)

27 posts

cold reading is a mixed bag really but it does require something that you cannot do through a chat site or even on the phone, it requires that you have time to study a person, i have yet to see a ‘cold reader’ that was not in fact cheating by observing a person before they were aware of it, to do it within a minute is something i have never seen to date. i do think it is important not to give to much information, for me personally i find that makes it more difficult to get objective information. i hope that is a little helpful