depression & suicide

over 12 years ago
sjl didn't upload a photo

sarah (sjl)

51 posts

Hi, The guy i have been seeing for 1 1/2 years told me a couple of nights ago that he tried to kill himself 2months ago. I knew he could be depressed at times, but not to this extent. I am so worried for him and for me. I told him in the past he needs to get help for his depression, but he refuses…he thinks no one can help him and that he will never get better because he doesnt like himself. Also he doesnt see the point in living to begin with. He finally told me why he wouldnt be in an official relationship with me-he thinks im too good for him :’( I am going to do everything in my power to get him the help he needs…can anyone see the best way i can get through to him? and if you see a better life for him? I love him so much and i dont think i could ever get over losing him.

Thanks, Sarah 05/10/87

his name is sam 26/04/90

over 12 years ago
ms.lea.garcia didn't upload a photo

MRS.LEA.GARCIA☼ (ms.lea.garcia)

285 posts

call me live for a reading

over 12 years ago
angel90 didn't upload a photo

Debbie (angel90)

399 posts

That is a lot to deal with and you sticking by him shows that your kind hearted and non judgemental. The key to getting him through this is support and finding out when this started and what the trigger was because something has triggered this. What was his childhood like as sometimes that is the root cause of what someone goes through as an adult. It will be a long road ahead but baby steps and he will come right. Get him to open up about his past something there is the key and the way forward. I think also some type of coucelling or hypnotherapy if it relates back to his childhood as he may not remember. What hypnotherapy does is goes back to that time and replaces negative thoughts/suggestions with positive ones. You could look at past life regression therapy does the same as hynotherapy but goes back further. The last 2 options are more effective as they both target the subconscious mind which is where thoughts and memories are stored. All councelling does is put a plaster on it the thoughts will always be there. The only way to truly recover is to get to the root cause and remove it.

over 12 years ago

it seems to me this has a lot to do with his past. he refuses to get help now but he will change that in time. just keep trying and supporting him. call me.

catty.

over 12 years ago
starsalign didn't upload a photo

Starsalign (starsalign)

190 posts

He is very lucky to have someone so kind as you to look after him,and watch out for his well being.keep being there for him,with love and support,he should pull through.contact me for a reading or message me xx

over 12 years ago
miko didn't upload a photo

miko fox (miko)

279 posts

i do get that his childhood may have been not so happy..i hear a little boy yelling for his dad. did he have an absent father?. him and his mother may have not been so close either. alot of things seem wrong here.

like many have said here you are doing the right thing by sticking by him. not too many people would have the patience to deal with this. just dont give up on him and eventually he’ll come around. most of the time all suicidal people need is that one person to show them that they care.

over 12 years ago

sarah (sjl)

51 posts

Thank you everyone for your ideas. I saw a counsellor myself to ask what the best way is to deal with this…i said everything i could to try and convince him to get some help but he didnt even slightly consider it. He said he’ll get over it in time, and he just needs me to be happy and not saddened. But i dont know how he is going to change when he wont do anything different. In terms of his family, he has a much older brother and sister (to a different dad) that he barely hears from. Hes never said much about his parents, but his dad use to be an alcoholic when he was young..i think he may have been lonely when younger because he lived on a small island and his mum home schooled him..i think he got into the wrong crowd when he got to highschool… Hmmmm what to do now…?

over 12 years ago

Debbie (angel90)

399 posts

Just be there you can’t make him take that step and you can’t make him change. Perhaps he needs to see the good already in his life. Time is the key and not pressuring him. When the time is right and he realises he will take that step for now what your doing is all you can do. You could offer to go with him. I would say he is carrying around a lot inside his childhood has deeply affected him and it isn’t easy for him. Try and find some things that are positive and fun to do with him to try and get him to see all the great things life has to offer. He isn’t ready to take that step so just be patient he will come round when he is ready.

over 12 years ago
ms.lea.garcia didn't upload a photo

MRS.LEA.GARCIA☼ (ms.lea.garcia)

285 posts

Sarah, i wanted to speak live with you to tell you that the depression is there from Negativity, i did not recieve a call from you so i will tell you on here, there is to much negative energy coming from him, his whole life he has never truely felt wanted until he has been with you he feels loved by you but what he told you was his true feelings he does feel that you are too good for him and honestly right now you need to help him remove the negative energy it has over taken who he is and he needs to be replaced with positiveity before it can be done psyical it needs to be done spiritual. blessings Lea

over 12 years ago

sarah (sjl)

51 posts

Thanks for all your support an ideas. I guess all i can do is be there for him. It just worries me that this was his second attempt-the first was afew years ago (i didnt know him then). I am currently trying to get him out of the house abit more, hopefully thats a start :)

Sarah

over 12 years ago
kitt's photo

Kit (kitt)

3 posts

If you knowingly don’t report him to 911 when he is suicidal? ALL states have laws about that, you might check the state you live in. I’m a semi-retired mental health counselor – If he won’t call, you should, when he is having an episode. Look up the National Suicide Hotline. Or dial 911 and ask to be connected the the crisis line in your city or county. Depression IS treatable.

over 12 years ago
clairvoyantmarie's photo

psychicmarie (clairvoyantmarie)

5 posts

hi kitt im redy now for you

over 12 years ago

sarah (sjl)

51 posts

Thanks everyone.

On another topic, i am confused about the direction of my life, ive felt this way for years…am i on the right path, will i ever be truely happy? I always feel like im only just handling things..

Sarah 05/10/87

over 12 years ago

Debbie (angel90)

399 posts

I think you might be overwhelmed by what your boyfriend is going through. I would take some time out from everything and write down what you would like and from there work at the list one thing at a time. Anything is possible with a little thought. Your focus has been on your boyfriend and thats commendable it takes a lot to do what your doing. I do see things getting better but you need to decide what you want to then make it happen.