is it me or does it seem all relationships are ruined by texting and Facebook?

over 6 years ago
rebo's photo

Rebo (rebo)

543 posts

I see relationships just blowing up everywhere!! Texting is a very insincere form of communication and Facebook confuses people to no end!! Sorry just my rant for the day.

over 6 years ago
javi85's photo

Javi (javi85)

268 posts

This was not the reason for my breakup. However, social media is here to stay. Most people nowadays text instead of making a call.

over 6 years ago
bluedragon's photo

Robin Bluedragon (bluedragon)

2048 posts

I have seen a lot of relationships go to ruin because one person texts the other constantly, doesn’t ‘like’ something on FB,and so forth. I don’t have a cell phone,dont need one,and wouldn’t text if I did. That’s the most impersonal communication ever. Its much easier to pick up the phone and call then it is to text.

Blessings!

Bluedragon

over 6 years ago

Hello, texting is very in personal and it doesn’t give the form of communication from the phone , and speaking with some one and hearing their voice and also coming to see you and talking and expressing their feelings . It to much of texting and not personal communication by phone and in person , Please let me help you . What happen to old fashion dating . Come in for a reading and chat . Blessings

over 6 years ago
rebo's photo

Rebo (rebo)

543 posts

Therefore Javi, relationships will continue to suffer

over 6 years ago
crystalkoneko's photo

Amethyst Dreamings (crystalkoneko)

119 posts

If a relationship is weak enough to break up because someone doesn’t Like something on Facebook or because they misinterpret tone over text then that relationship was doomed from the start.

There is nothing wrong with using social media and texting in your relationship (texting is by far my favorite form of communication), and a strong relationship will not suffer for it.

over 6 years ago
javi85's photo

Javi (javi85)

268 posts

Rebo, is the world we live in. We cannot change it.

over 6 years ago
lilyoak's photo

Lily Oak (lilyoak)

61 posts

I don’t think they are direct causes most the time, but they do shine a huge magnifying glass on some problems.

It is also a great way for people to be passively agressive to each other.

over 6 years ago
rebo's photo

Rebo (rebo)

543 posts

this is just my observation and rant. thanks to all who chimed in.

over 6 years ago
claudia.may didn't upload a photo

Claudia May (claudia.may)

112 posts

Interesting topic. I have actually found that individuals who are well connected have very fluid and positive interaction through messaging. Generally (obviously) if there is harmony there is equal reciprocation and growth is effortless be it in person or online/text.

Availability of other people through messaging is the risk as I see it. It actually took me quite a bit of time to learn to identify someone a person is messaging vs. someone in person, because it still comes through as a connection. Quite often I have these messaging connections pop up and I am unsure of how to articulate that to my clients ie. superficial messaging for an ego boost that is quite meaningless may lead the client to think betrayal, relationship wouldn’t eventuate etc etc.

When that overwhelming happiness from the start of the relationship evolves into familiarity and ‘feels’ less intense-it seems as though more and more individuals seek that feeling elsewhere, and social media/text interaction makes it that much easier. On a whole I believe there is a huge increase in the self gratification seeking individuals, and a big decline in capacity to bond. Very sad.

over 6 years ago
shh didn't upload a photo

shh (shh)

317 posts

Rebo – it’s just you…LOL.