Views on Copy and Paste in chat...

over 6 years ago

I ask the same basic question and give my name and his with our DOB to every reader so that the predictions will be apples to apples. I have done a copy and paste oder my one sentence question and names/DOBS many many times. Yesterday a reader flipped out on me…I entered chat, and went thru the normal intro of hello, how I am, my name, thank you, etc. as I do everytime then when asked question I enter my little copy and paste excerpt. I did just this and she became crazy saying I copied and pasted that and she does not allow that, blah blah blah. She scolded me so harshly and I explained but she became harsher and said she is a no nonsense reader and it says it in her profile. I told her she is a rude reader and I should have trusted the prior feedback of others that made those claims. She then said more rude things and closed with a “God bless and have a good day”. I was shocked! Bitwine actually tells you to prepare and have that info ready for each reading so I have just always did it that way. Was I really out of line? I believe she wanted time to drag for more money or something???? She was pricey anyways. Also, she shut me down and I could not leave feedback to warn others. But, was it wrong to copy and paste our names and DOBS really? The question was “is it over” then filled by full names and our Date of births.

over 6 years ago

Hi I hear you, but one thing about copy and paste in the chat box is it looses all formatting so we end up with a block of text , which if its allot can be impossible or really hard to read.

The solution though is really simple for me. I ask my clients to mail me through the bitwine email any updates they have or longer things they want to say pre -reading. That way both of us are prepared and sending the email through bitwine dont cost anything but a short amount of time.

Obviously this is only for clients I have read with before, other wise the mail box can be over run :-)

Im not defending rude behavior and if an advisor was rude then thats not very good. But this is just the way I “try” do things :)

Happy Monday one and all

Psychic Dino

over 6 years ago

Hi Dino! I have read with you before :) Anyhow, it was not lengthy at all. It was a simple sentence asking if it was over between myself and the individual followed by his name and dob and my name and DOB…That was all! I do not feel it was inappropriate and no other reader has ever had an issue with it. She actually asked for name and DOB but I sent that and she flipped out!!!!

over 6 years ago

Hi Tammy! I could see how a lot of readers could freak out on this. Many times those who are trying to get a free reading copy and paste chunks into the chat. I don’t think you did anything wrong; but a reader, in particular one who hasn’t worked with you before may jump to conclusions

over 6 years ago

Hi Matt! You have read for me before :) No, it was nothing like that…I have spent thousands on here…not about free readings at all! Honestly, I am shocked she even knew it was copied and pasted as it was literally a simple sentence and 2 names with DOBS. I do it because I come on this site from my phone mostly and it is alot of work to type things from phone which tends to autocorrects half of my words incorrectly. That is the only reason.

over 6 years ago

I know! But the reader likely had been burned in the past and freaked. I’m sorry you had to deal with that!

over 6 years ago

I don’t mind copy and paste. It’s how people can save time writing it all out. Some readers are just …how do I say this nicely… crazy hehe

over 6 years ago

Matt Allen you’re the best!!! I need to stop in and get an update from you, it’s been over a year, but at the moment I’m pretty broke! Hope to talk to you soon!

over 6 years ago
tmrtmr didn't upload a photo

Tanya (tmrtmr)

8 posts

HEY BUT ITS OK FOR ADVISORS TO COPY AND PASTE IN READINGS AND ESPECIALLY ON THIS FORUM… US THE CLIENTS DONT LIKE IT EITHER ADVISORS!!!

over 6 years ago

It is a case of “bad clients” having burned readers previously, just how clients can have negative experiences on the flip side of things as well, despite not all readers having negative practices etc…. Unfortunately, it is very common for us to open a chat, and get instantly slammed by a big long copy-paste by some people who have no intent to pay, so they want to try to take advantage of every second they can get for free (thus they don’t want to waste time for typing). They also plan to go down the list to as many readers as they can (where as someone who is sincere with payment intentions will be more selective), so they do not want to type it out 50+ times.

This of course does not mean every person who uses a copy paste is “freebie abusing”. I have several regular clients who quickly want to give me an update, and have prepared something they paste to me etc… and I am fine with that. Just the person you interacted with mistook the situation/ reason for your use of the copy paste due to the common tactic we see behind it’s use.

I personally would not see a short copy and paste as likely being used for a negative reason since there would not be much time-saving advantage to it (which is usually the aim).