DOWNS

over 12 years ago

hi i refused down syndrome tests as i wont abort anyway but now im thinking a little clue would stop any shock if my unborn has downs,can anyone tell me if my unborn has down syndrome many thanks xx

over 12 years ago
angel34 didn't upload a photo

angel (angel34)

416 posts

Hi

I honestly think you made a hasty decision any decision that concerns the health of your baby should never be made in this manner you should always take the time to consider both sides. If the tests won’t harm the baby then you should have the tests done that way you are preparing yourself and if it turns out yes you can educate yourself and get the support you need as you will need it as the child will need extra care. By knowing through those tests you have a better chance of raising this child as you have had more chance to learn and prepare. This child as it gets older will have questions, wonder why me etc by you knowing and having information ahead of time you are better equipt and ready when that time comes. If you won’t do the tests for you do it for the child.

Best of luck

over 12 years ago

the dr told me when i was pregnant that the tests for that were highly inacurate and not reliable…

over 12 years ago

angel (angel34)

416 posts

Hi

Why did you refuse the tests you need to know for many reasons I would go back and have the tests done the drs obviously had a good reason for suggesting the tests. If it turns out the child doesn’t then it still will be peace of mind at the end of the day do it for your child more than yourself.

Best of luck

over 12 years ago

angel (angel34)

416 posts

Hi

Why did you refuse the tests you need to know for many reasons I would go back and have the tests done the drs obviously had a good reason for suggesting the tests. If it turns out the child doesn’t then it still will be peace of mind at the end of the day do it for your child more than yourself.

Best of luck

over 12 years ago
garnetta didn't upload a photo

jenny Fardell (garnetta)

185 posts

When I was pregnant, I found that all the advice and leaflets about having a test for downs was followed by the options NOT how to look after it and where to get support from and how people with down’s syndrome can lead normal, healthy, fulfilling and independent lives (like my husband’s cousin!) , BUT gave a clear message that ABORTION was the only way to deal with a positive downs test result!!!! I’m only talking 1995-6. Not as if people shouldn’t have known better then….

over 12 years ago

hi thankyou for all the advice but please could i have a psychic answer yes or no to my question many thanks x

over 12 years ago
miko didn't upload a photo

miko fox (miko)

279 posts

hi maria,the reason we cant give you an answer is because it is illegal for anybody other than a licenced,medical professional to answer health questions. i assume your are an older woman because this is often an issue with older women who are pregnant. i have an image of a happy child and i think its a boy. either way its your decision what you decide to do with your baby whatever the case may be. you can also get a second opinion from another doctor.

over 12 years ago

angel (angel34)

416 posts

Hi

I get the feeling there is another issue here like some kind of fear that if you find out that you will have to face this and in a way you don’t want to feel like a failure. Its almost like if you get an answer from a psychic you can blow it off like their wrong but with a doctor the answer is definate and you cant blow it off and say its wrong.

Just to put things into perspective a doctors word holds more weight than a psychic thats why the police don’t rely on psychics as they don’t believe.

Do whats right for that child put your fears aside and do the right thing.

Best of luck