Karma Part 2

over 8 years ago
raani's photo

Maharaani (raani)

150 posts

Karma and Karma and Ethicization.

In my last article I spoke about Karma and Causalities which is the most common theme. There are three themes to Karma and today I am going to speak about Ethicization.

Ethicization Definition – ethnicization refers to the formation of social boundaries aiming to protect the integrity of (presumed) ethnic-cultural heritages.

We have already spoke about how every action has a consequence and today I will explain how many societies believe that karma will not just effect you in this life but in the next and so forth. The situation you find yourself into today can be explained by actions you have taken not only in this life but others too. The positive actions are called Dharma which leads into Punya (Merit), while bad actions are called Adharma which leads into Pap (Demerit). We must remember that Karma itself is not a “reward and punishment” scheme however it is the law that produces a consequences. By living your life and taking actions while thinking about Karma you will naturally be drawn to a more moral lifestyle and you will begin to avoid situations you deem immoral. Therefore according to Reichenbach the significance in Karma is also the building blocks of an ethical theory.

I tend to not to try and over think my Karma and instead I think about how my actions will effect the emotional well being of not only myself but other people around me.

Please feel free to share any comments below :)

x

over 8 years ago
scottish_john didn't upload a photo

Scottish John (scottish_john)

77 posts

Nice :)

Thank’s for sharing :)

over 8 years ago
blacknwhite's photo

Neil Blacknwhite (blacknwhite)

127 posts

Very Insightful

over 8 years ago
raani's photo

Maharaani (raani)

150 posts

Thank you for your comments, I am glad you enjoyed the read! x

over 7 years ago

I really like this :) just to add my 2 cents- based on what I know, karma is not just about action but also intention. This means that when you do something good, don’t focus on “gaining good karma” but on making the world a more positive place, helping others, etc. Understand that ultimately we’re all connected and doing a good deed will have a butterfly effect in ways you may not immediately realize… :) I’m not an advisor.