Moving Forward Part 2

over 8 years ago

And the last part here :)

=======================

Time goes by. You’ll do some stupid things. You’ll call your ex when you shouldn’t. You’ll call when you’ve had to much to drink. You’ll call even after 50 people tell you not to. You’ll show up on their doorstep, hating yourself all the time.

Then you’ll get serious and cut contact. It’ll hurt, but you try to stick to it. Here’s the turning point for most. For those who have contact with their ex’s, your no contact will either bring them sniffing curiously around or they’ll be somewhere high fiving their friends thanking the God’s that you haven’t called.

Now’s the tough time. Nothing but time works. Everyday the ache in your heart grows a little less. It’s only nanobytes that it dies down by. But everyday it will get slowly better. You’ll have setbacks. You’ll run into your ex accidentally. You’ll run into mutual friends who’ll tell you something about your ex that’ll have you high-tailing it home for a good cry. You’ll see your ex with their new “friend.” You’ll receive a phone call or an e-mail from your ex who “doesn’t want to be in a relationship but still wants to be friends (with benefits if you allow).

Here’s another important part. You need to truly sit down and truthfully look back at the relationship and understand what you did to help with it’s demise. If you miss this part, you go through all the suffering for nothing!. This is here to teach you how to be a better partner, a better person. Missing that lesson is detrimental to the whole process. It’s the REASON that you’re going through this. God (or whatever your higher power is) needed you to learn something about YOU. Don’t miss out on that Spritual lesson.

Then one day you’ll smile because you didn’t immediately check your mobile phone soon as wake up. And one day you’ll decide to clean the muck that has accumulated in your house. And one day you’ll go outside and admit to the universe that you surrender what control you thought you had.

And one day you’ll decide to date again. And one day you’ll go out on your first date and it will likely be a disaster. And then you’ll either force yourself to continue dating or you’ll decide that you aren’t ready to date but you are ready to be out amongst people again. And many of you will have some quick reconciliations with your ex’s. And sadly some of us won’t. But one day, it won’t matter as much. Because time will allow you to catch yourself going minutes and then hours without thinking of the ex. And you’ll begin to be able to think of life possibly without that person and not dissolve into a puddle of nothingness because of the thought.

And for some of us life will go on without that mate

Then one day you will find yourself having a gut busting laugh over something totally stupid and you’ll think to yourself “I am getting better.” And finally (thank God) you’ll have sex with some new and find that

a) if it wasn’t good, at least you did it or

b) it was so much better than with your ex you wonder why you waited so long to get back out there. And you’ll know you’re one the road to recovery.

I guess what I’m trying to convey here is, while each situation is unique, the characteristics of most of our situations are the same. Most of us will go through at least something that I’ve written here. So, when someone tells you that time will help you get through it, believe them. When they tell you that “trust me, it will get better and you will stop hurting eventually,” believe them. And when they give you good advice and insight that your head understands but your heart rejects, take a moment to think before you react.

Don’t beat yourself up if you do something that you wished you hadn’t (calling, contacting, etc) WE ALL DID AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER. Be kind to yourself. Be forgiving of yourself. And most of all remember that being happily single is an alternative. Even if society is beating it into your head that you MUST have a mate, take some time to heal before going back out there. There are plenty of good people to love, but don’t go back out there broken, jaded about love, etc. Accept realty. Experience the pain. Learn the lesson. Actively try to heal. Remember the person you were when you first met your ex and get that person back.

And the universe I promise you will take care of the rest :)

over 8 years ago

Wow!! Anyone told u ur posts…are amazing and very insightful… Thank you for sharing ur knowledge and wisdom.

over 8 years ago
oknowletssee didn't upload a photo

oknowletssee

29 posts

Thank you for taking the time to post this reality check :) you have been instrumental in helping me through my situation and like you said, day after day things are getting better.

over 8 years ago

I am glad it resonates somewhat Oknow …x

over 8 years ago

Glad it helped you Suzy )

over 8 years ago

Well said!! Very comforting, and it is sweet that you took time out of your day to type this.

over 8 years ago
medium_john_spratt didn't upload a photo

HONEST SCOTTISH PSYCHIC (medium_john_spratt)

121 posts

Fantastic, Thanks for sharing

over 8 years ago

Thanks for the comments :-)

over 8 years ago

And here is part 2 :-)

over 8 years ago

Keeping this next to part 1 :-)

Online now … come in for a chat and Know Your Future!

over 8 years ago

over 8 years ago

Thanks for the feedback on this!

over 8 years ago

This is part 2 of this article. )

over 8 years ago

.. part 2 here …)

over 8 years ago

Part 2 of the article here to keep it in sync. Your welcome to get me in chat anytime if your reading this and seeing some of your self in this.

over 8 years ago

Just to keep this near part 1 of this article thank you :)

over 8 years ago

This is a wonderful article. I was just helping a friend get through a nasty breakup. Everything you said is absolutely true.

over 8 years ago

Thank you Sylvia

over 8 years ago

And part to is here :)

♋ ♋ ♋ ♋ ♋ ♋ ♋ ♋ ♋ ♋ ♋ ♋ ♋

Psychic Dino

— Verum Semper Quaerere

over 8 years ago

And keeping it together as its a long post here is part 2 again )

over 8 years ago

This is part 2 someone wanted to see this article )